Main Menu

Tan y Fron

Llandudno, LL30 1NN

Telephone: 0800 183 5757

Benefits and Welfare Rights

The way benefits are worked out has changed as part of the government’s welfare reform with new benefits being introduced and some benefits being replaced.

We’re working hard to make sure you will be able to cope with the changes and manage your money. In this section of our website, you should be able to find all of the information you need. Please contact us on 0800 183 5757 if you need further help applying for any of the benefits mentioned.

If you’re not sure what you should be applying for, do a benefits calculation by visiting or . Alternatively, give us a call and we can do this with you over the phone or we can arrange to visit and complete this in your home.

Worried about the rising cost of living?

We’re working hard to make sure you will be able to cope with the increase and manage your money. Here you will find some helpful advice on your energy, food and water bills that will allow you to manage your money more effectively.

Click here to read more

Bedroom Tax

Bedroom Tax – This will see a reduction in Housing Benefit and Universal Credit if a person is deemed to be under-occupying their Social Housing property. Information about the Bedroom Tax.

Benefit Cap

Benefit Cap places a limit on the amount of Welfare Benefits some people can claim. Information about the Benefit Cap.

Disability Benefit

If you, or someone you live with has a disability or an illness then you may be entitled to a disability benefit. There are 3 types of disability benefit – Disability Living Allowance (DLA), Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and Attendance Allowance (AA). DLA is for children under the age of 16 and over the age of 3 if they have a severe mobility problem or over the age of 5 if they have a mobility problem.

Want to know more about DLA? Visit:

Universal Credit

Universal Credit (UC) is a means-tested benefit paid to people of working age who are on a low income. It replaces 6 benefits – Housing Benefit, Child Tax Credit, Working Tax Credit, Income Related Employment Support Allowance, Income Based Job Seekers Allowance and Income Support. See if you might be entitled to it by clicking here

Want to know more about Universal Credit? Visit:

See how much UC you could get by visiting to do your own benefits assessment - 

Council Tax Reduction (CTR)

Council Tax Benefit was replaced by Council Tax Reduction (CTR) in 2013. Each local authority runs their own CTR scheme so there will be differences between them. This could mean that you will have to pay something towards your council tax bill – even if you were getting full Council Tax Benefit before 1 April 2013.

Want to know more about Council Tax Reduction? Visit:

Welfare Benefit News relevant to those of Pensionable Age

Welfare benefit news relevant to those of pensionable age - Most of the above changes are only relevant to those of  working age; however there are proposed changes which could impact on those classed as being of pensionable age.

ClwydAlyn Housing Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Please enter your search term below...
Enter your details to sign up to our Newsletter x

I agree to the terms and conditions

Please select what areas you are interested in.