Main Menu

Tan y Fron

Llandudno, LL30 1NN

Telephone: 0800 183 5757

How to Apply

How do I apply for Extra Care housing?

If you are interested in being considered to rent an apartment at Tan y Fron Extra Care Scheme, then you should contact our customer service team to request an application form.

You can now Apply Online. When applying online make sure to have the most up to date Adobe or PDF Reader

Fill the application form out online, amend any mistakes or go through it with a family member by your side. Don't worry about signatures we will need to visit you before you are allocated to our Extra Care Scheme.

Once filled out, click the 'Send Form' button and we'll receive your application directly from your email address.

Step 1: Contact our Customer Service Team

Call: 0800 1835757
or for cheaper calls from a mobile, call: 01745 536800

Help with your application:

If you feel you need help with your application or understanding of the Extra Care process, please let the Customer Service Team know. The team can provide advice and support where it is needed. If you would like someone to act on your behalf, for example your son or daughter, please contact us and this can be arranged.

Step 2: What happens next?

Once your application form has been received the information will be processed and we will assess your application against our ‘Eligibility Criteria’. If you meet our Eligibility Criteria, you will be informed in writing, and will move onto the ‘Allocation Process’.

Please note, if there are any changes in your circumstances from the date of application to the opening of the scheme, please inform us immediately, as they could affect your application.

Those who do not meet our Eligibility Criteria will also be informed in writing. View our eligibility criteria here.

Step 3: How is Extra Care housing allocated?

In order to maintain a balanced community, the allocation of Extra Care housing is determined by a panel made up of representatives of the Council's Adult Social Care and Health Department, the on-site care and support provider and ClwydAlyn. Other professionals may be invited onto the Panel as required eg District Nurse manager, in order to assist the Panel to make well informed decisions.

This panel seek to ensure that properties are allocated to reflect the care and support that is available at any one time. Housing and Domiciliary Care needs are also considered as part of this process but are not the only deciding factors, as we aim to maintain a balanced community.

Step 4: How will I know if I’m going to get a property?

The panel will meet and decide who will be allocated apartments. If the panel allocate a property to you, we will let you know and you will be able to view the property. At the viewing you can then decide if you wish to accept the offer of accommodation. You will also get the option to choose an apartment, from the remaining apartments, however, this is subject to any recommendations from the Allocations Panel.


Please enter your search term below...
Enter your details to sign up to our Newsletter x

I agree to the terms and conditions

Please select what areas you are interested in.